AdvocacyDenver is now accepting resumes for our Advocate for Transition Services, Juvenile Justice, and Policy Development position
- Work with the courts, education system, and providers to develop positive plans for individuals with disabilities residing in Denver who are involved with those systems.
- Provide individual advocacy for children and young adults with disabilities in Denver between the ages of 15 and 22.
- Take the lead on initiating and participating to improve services for these individuals and maximize their civil rights.
- Analyze and advise the Board of Directors and Staff on Legislative initiatives or rule changes in regard to these issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Must have the ability to work flexibly with various individual circumstances and have the judgment necessary to establish appropriate limits, as necessary.
- Knowledge of the juvenile justice, education, Developmental Disability, and Mental Health systems.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Relevant degree, certification, or 5 years of experience; parent and client training experience is a plus.
- Being bilingual is not required, but will be taken into consideration
Salary range to start at $32-34k annually. Benefits include health, dental, vision, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k, and more available.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12/31/13. Interviews will be held in January.