Helping Adults with Disabilities Navigate the System and Find Their Voice
Are you — or do you know — an adult with an intellectual or developmental disability (I/DD) in Denver County who needs support in obtaining services or widening opportunities in their life?
If so, our adult advocates can serve as authorized representatives. (Pursuant to 2505-10 Colorado Revised Statutes.)
Why People Reach Out to Us
- Finding your voice and expressing your dreams: We help adults with I/DDs become self-advocates who are heard and understood by their support system.
- Help with navigating home- and community-based Medicaid waivers.
- Working with service providers to improve communication, respect and delivery of services.
- Ensuring service systems and their representatives are complying with both the spirit and letter of disability law.
- Resources and assistance for Section 8 housing, tenant issues, home ownership or transitioning to new housing.
- Finding better employment opportunities and resolving employment issues related to discrimination and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Assistance with criminal justice issues.
- Providing information and referrals to a variety of different support services.
Questions about adult advocacy? Fill out the form below to get in touch or call our referral and intake hotline at 303.974.2530.