Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) who reside in Denver/metro area are eligible for support from an Adult Advocate. Advocates support and encourage self-advocacy to ensure an individual’s wishes are understood and heard by their support system.
Why Adults (and their family) Engage With Our Advocates:
- They need an advocate to help them understand and navigate community centered board, Medicaid waivers, disability benefits, housing, and other service agencies.
- They need help in getting services from the community centered board, vocational rehabilitation and other service agencies
- They need an advocate to help them resolve employment issues related to discrimination, unwillingness under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide appropriate accommodations within the workplace, and ensure quality employment experiences.
- They need help holding service systems accountable to meet both the spirit and letter of disability law
- They need an advocate to guide and ensure that their disability is recognized in criminal justice issues.
These are a few common scenarios, but you may have unique challenges all your own.
Questions about Adult Advocacy?
Fill out the form below to get in touch or call our referral and intake hotline at 303.974.2530.